Equity Analyst/ Portfolio Manager - International Stocks
Cadence Asset Management is a top performing boutique equities Fund Manager based in Sydney, Australia. Cadence has experienced strong growth since its inception in 2003 and is looking for a high calibre investment professional to assist with its International investments on a long/short basis (open mandate). This is an opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic investment team within a growing business.
The Cadence investment process uses both fundamental and technical analysis to make investment decisions. The successful candidate(s) will need to comply with Cadence’s investment process and therefore should demonstrate they understand it and are comfortable with it.
The role offers attractive performance-related remuneration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- original investment idea generation
- arranging and attending company meetings
- conducting detailed fundamental analysis
- production of models and stock profiles
Experience and attributes
The successful applicant(s) will:
- ideally have 4- 5 years’ experience in equities investing globally
- possess a strong sense of commercial acumen
- be highly numerate with strong fundamental modelling skills
- be hard working and ambitious
- have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate difficult concepts clearly and concisely
- have strong interpersonal skills
- show initiative and be self-directed, highly motivated and able to operate in a small team
- enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
In your application, please detail why you think you would be a suitable person for the role of a Global Equity Analyst/ Portfolio Manager at Cadence Asset Management and detail your past employment experience.
You will also be required to provide answers to the questions below in your application.
- Describe your preferred style of investing, and what you look for.
- What is currently your best long investment idea, and explain briefly why?
- What is currently your best short investment idea, and explain briefly why?
- What stocks do you personally own currently? Why?
- What is the performance history of any portfolio you have managed (including personal portfolio) (both % and $ amount, and over what time frame)?
Learn more about Cadence by watching the video below.
Receive our FREE Monthly Newsletter