Cadence Asset Management is a Sydney based boutique equity fund manager with FUM of $350m. The funds have an open mandate (long/short) and invest in both domestic and global listed equities. This is an opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic investment team within a growing business. The Cadence investment process uses a unique combination of fundamental and technical analysis.
We are looking for a high calibre investment professional to assist with managing the fund’s investments across its two ASX listed investment companies (LICs). Typically an applicant will have over 5 years relevant experience in analysing listed securities or investing in listed securities on either the ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ side and ideally be able to point to an investment track record (either as an individual or managing external capital).
We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter who is prepared to commit to the necessary work ethic required to ultimately become a successful investor within the investment team. They should have excellent attention to detail and a good understanding of equities. They should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate difficult concepts clearly and concisely.
The role offers attractive performance-related remuneration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- original investment idea generation from multiple sources
- arranging and attending company meetings
- conducting detailed fundamental analysis
- production of models and stock profiles
- implementation of the Cadence Capital investment process
In your application, please detail why you think you would be a suitable person for this role and detail your past employment experience. You should also provide answers to the questions below in your application.
- Describe how many years relevant experience do you have and your preferred style of investing, including what you look for.
- Have you used your own funds to take risk investing in equities? What type of equities? Australian, global, small, mid or large caps?
- What is currently your best long investment idea, and explain briefly why?
- What is currently your best short investment idea, and explain briefly why?
- What stocks do you personally own currently? Why?
- What is the performance history of any portfolio you have managed (including personal portfolio) (both % and $ amount, and over what time frame)?
PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive our FREE Cadence Capital Limited (CDM) Monthly Newsletter