Portfolio Manager in Training
Cadence Capital is a Sydney based boutique equity fund manager. This is an opportunity to play a significant role in a dynamic investment team within a growing business.
We are looking for a further member to join the team as a portfolio manager in training. Depending on the experience of the applicant this could be someone who assumes investment responsibilities relatively quickly. Alternatively, it may take an applicant some time to gain experience using the Cadence investment process whilst in training to take on investment responsibilities.
Typically an applicant will have between 5 and 7 years relevant experience in analysing listed securities or investing in listed securities and ideally be able to point to an investment track record (either as an individual or managing external capital). Cadence invests in both domestic and overseas equities.
We are looking for a self-starter and someone who is prepared to commit to the necessary work ethic required to ultimately become a successful investor within an investment team. They should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate difficult concepts clearly and concisely.
Cadence Capital is an established business with a clear investment process that can provide an environment well suited to someone motivated and willing to learn on the job and develop the necessary skills quickly to become a contributing portfolio manager.
The role offers attractive performance-related remuneration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- original investment idea generation
- arranging and attending company meetings
- conducting detailed fundamental analysis
- production of models and stock profiles
- Implementation of the Cadence Capital mandate and process
In your application, please detail why you think you would be a suitable person for the role at Cadence Asset Management and detail your past employment experience.
You will also be required to provide answers to the questions below in your application.
- Describe your preferred style of investing, and what you look for.
- What is currently your best long investment idea, and explain briefly why?
- What is currently your best short investment idea, and explain briefly why?
- What stocks do you personally own currently? Why?
- What is the performance history of any portfolio you have managed (including personal portfolio) (both % and $ amount, and over what time frame)?
Receive our FREE Monthly Newsletter